Speed up your web creation process by disabling the extra step “Are you ready to publish?” when you publish pages and posts with the WordPress block editor Gutenberg.
Join +2 640 subscribers!
Every time you click the Publish button in the Gutenberg editor you’ll stumble upon this annoying message:
Are you ready to publish? Double-check your settings before publishing.
Then you have to click the Publish button again before your page, post or custom post type is actually published. Let’s remove this extra step to make your publishing process quicker and more streamlined.
Disabling the “Are you ready to publish?” message
Yes, I am ready to publish. Please stop nagging, Gutenberg.
- Add a new page or post from the WordPress dashboard
- Add your content, such as title and blocks.
- Before you publish, click the three vertical dots ⋮ in the upper right corner to the right of the cogwheel icon.
- Click Preferences far down in the Gutenberg dropdown menu.
- Disable the toggle to the left of Include pre-publish checklist.
- Close the modal by clicking the X icon in the upper right corner (your settings are auto-saved).
That’s it! You will no longer have to click through the annoying “Are you ready to publish?” message for this – or any future – page or post.
Click the three dots in the upper right corner of the Gutenberg sidebar to edit the publish settings.
Click Preferences in the dropdown menu.
Now you should see an active toggle below the text “Publishing. Change the options related to publishing.”
Disable the toggle for “Include pre-publish checklist. Review settings such as visibility and tags.” Click the X to save your settings.
That’s all for today!
I hope that you enjoyed this post. Subscribe to DiviMundo on YouTube and join our Facebook group for more crisp content on WordPress and web design.
👉 Related post: How to copy & paste unformatted text in WordPress
👉 Free course: Create a website from scratch with Divi
finally a solution!!
Thanks Leslie, I’m glad you liked it! 🙂