43% of all websites are built with WordPress 2022. In addition to the user-friendly interface and the fact that WordPress is free, the open source approach is a popular reason to choose WordPress.
Thousands of developers worldwide improve the platform by developing themes and plugins – both free and premium. One clear proof of the great community is the countless forums, where everyone from beginners to experienced code ninjas share and discuss tips and experiences. The most popular premium theme is Divi.
Facts about WordPress 2022
million users world-wide
free plugins online
online stores use WooCommerce
use the Divi theme for WordPress
- Market share among all CMS 76% 76%
- Market share among all sites (50% does not use a CMS) 43% 43%
- Increased in downloaded WordPress plugins since 2015 48% 48%
- Websites use SSL (https) 14% 14%
- Websites in a language other than English 50% 50%
- Share of e-commerce using Woocommerce 24% 24%
- Share of all WordPress websites using the theme Divi 10% 10%
was WordPress launched
free themes are available
translations are available
USD/EUR cost to install
WordPress have been around longer than Facebook. It grows and has gone from being a limited blog platform to becoming a powerful and comprehensive CMS used by major brands like Walt Disney Company, Mercedes-Benz, MTV News and BBC America. Do you also want to get started with WordPress and create your own website?