Almost one out of three websites in the world is created with WordPress. In addition to the user-friendly interface and the fact that WordPress is free, the open source approach is a popular reason to choose WordPress.
Thousands of developers worldwide improve the platform by developing themes and plugins – both free and premium. One clear proof of the great community is the countless forums, where everyone from beginners to experienced code ninjas share and discuss tips and experiences.
Facts about WordPress 2018
blogposts every minute
free plugins available
millons of free plugin downloads
use the Divi theme for WordPress
- Market share among all CMS 76% 76%
- Market share among all sites (50% does not use a CMS) 28% 28%
- Increased in downloaded WordPress plugins since 2015 48% 48%
- Websites use SSL (https) 12% 12%
- Websites in a language other than English 50% 50%
- Share of e-commerce using Woocommerce 41% 41%
- Share of all WordPress websites using the theme Divi 10% 10%