Are you looking for a free trial of the Divi Theme and the Divi Builder? Here are three legal ways to try the world’s most popular WordPress theme Divi from Elegant Themes – for free.
Even though Divi already is trusted on over 3 million websites and have a clean 5 star rating with (over 18 000 reviews) on Trustpilot, you might want to take Divi for a spin before purchasing a license. The good news is that you can! Here are three solid ways to try Divi for free.
Elegant Themes, the company behind the Divi theme and the Divi Builder, has a 5.0 rating on Tripadvisor.
Is there a free trial version of Divi?
Let’s be clear from the start: There is no Divi Lite or free demo version of the Divi theme or the Divi Builder. There are only two types of licenses for Divi: The Annual License and The Life-Time License. Both licenses include the complete Elegant Themes suite:
- The Divi theme with 46 modules and all available design options. The Divi theme comes together with the powerful Divi Visual Builder.
- The Divi Visual Builder plugin that can be used together with other themes than Divi
- Unlimited websites usage
- Support via chat
- Regular feature updates
- New layout packs every week and access to over 1 000 ready-made layouts
- The Extra Theme for magazine websites and blogs
- The Bloom Email Opt-In plugin for WordPress
- The Monarch Social Media plugin for WordPress
With that said, there are still a few legal ways to try Divi for free. Here are the three best ways.
Warning: Don't download illegal copies of Divi
If something sounds too good to be true, it often is. Beware of unscrupulous sources offering free downloads of Divi with no strings attached. Here are some of the downsides of using an illegal copy:
- The risk of getting malware that opens up backdoors to your website (and your computer) is obvious.
- You don’t get access to security updates, feature updates, support or layout packs.
- You are breaking the law and can be subject to a legal process.
You are also taking food out of the mouths from hard working developers that are doing an awesome job. Just don’t do it, to paraphrase Nike.
1. Use the 30-day money back guarantee
This is actually how I started using Divi several years ago. The guys at Elegant Themes are confident that you’ll stick with Divi. That’s probably why they always offer a 30-day money back guarantee with a full refund – no questions asked. This applies on all purchases. Here’s the full Refund Policy from Elegant Themes:
We offer refunds to any unsatisfied customer up to thirty (30) days after the purchase was made. If you would like your money back, simply send us an email at [email protected] with a description of your problem and request for a refund.
Screenshot the Divi signup page with a 20% discount via the DiviMundo affiliate link.
This is the best legal way to try the full Divi experience for free. If you aren’t happy with Divi, you can just request a refund within 30 days after the purchase was made. After you’ve ended your subscription, you can still use Divi but you will not have access to theme updates, support, layout packs and other perks.
How to try Divi for free for 30 days, step by step
- Sign up for Divi (annual access or life-time) and complete your purchase.
Pro tip: Use this affiliate link to get 20% off your Divi license. If you choose to keep your subscription after 30 days, you’ll know that you got the best deal available (and if you choose to stay, I’ll get a commission, so it’s a win-win situation).
- If you’re not happy with Divi, just send an email to [email protected] within 30 days after the purchase was made and ask for a refund.
- Your purchase will be refunded and you have tried Divi for free.
If you are like me and enjoy Divi and want to keep on using it, just keep on creating stunning websites and your membership will continue.
2. Use a clients Divi license
To get a client to pay for a Divi license is another way to try the full Divi experience for free. Since all Divi memberships includes unlimited websites, you can simply use the clients licence key on your websites too. To be fair, you should mention this to your client though.
How to use a clients API Key, step by step
- Ask the client to sign up for Divi or get the clients consent to sign up for them.
Pro tip: Use this affiliate link to get 20% off all Divi licenses.
- Log in to the Elegant Themes Member Area
- Click My Account » API Keys in the menu
- Here you can download Divi see your Username and your API Key
- Install the Divi theme on your WordPress website and enter the Username and API Key in Divi » Theme Options » Updates
- Click Save Changes
Pro tip: You can create new API Keys and give them unique labels for reference. This way, you can use different API Keys for different clients and websites. You can also delete API Keys if you end a business relation.
Manage your Divi API Keys from the Elegant Themes Member Area.
3. Try Divi online without downloading it
This is probably the easiest way to try Divi for free since you don’t need to create an account or download any files. Elegant Themes provide a “sandbox” website where you can try all the features and modules from the Divi Builder.
On the downside, you can’t access the more advanced features like the Divi Theme Builder, the Divi Library or the Divi Layout packs. But you you’ll get a feeling of the powerful Divi Visual Builder tool.
How to try Divi for free online, step by step
- Go to the Elegant Themes demo website
- The Divi Visual Builder is now activated automatically
- Hover the different elements and start designing
- Click the purple icon in the bottom of the page try the responsive view
If you like what you see, you can try one of the methods above to try the full Divi experience or simply just purchase your Divi license with a 20% discount.
Let your creative juices flow on the Elegant Themes demo website.
That’s all for today!
When I first signed up for Divi, my plan was to just try it free for 30 days and then try something else. But here I am, years later, running my own Divi web design agency (in Swedish only, sorry) and I have two websites dedicated to spreading knowledge about my web design tool of choice: Divi.
Free course: Create a website from scratch with Divi
Related content: Verified discounts for Divi and Divi plugins